Five Ways of Wellbeing
At our school we follow the 5 ways of wellbeing:
Children have been introduced to the 5 ways of wellbeing and posters of our hand are around the school and in classrooms.
- Connect- building relationships enriches your life
- Take notice – taking time to be still, reflect and be aware of what is going on around you.
- Keep learning – set a goal and learn something new
- Be active – exercise releases happy hormones that make you feel positive
- Give – acts of kindness make you feel happier about yourself and more satisfied about life.
We have a dedicated group of children (Happiness Heroes) who, together with staff, work to make sure all our children feel happier, healthier and more resilient to life’s ups and downs. They model and promote the Five Ways of Wellbeing to our pupils and whole school community. You can notice them around school by the MyHappyMind enamel badges they wear.
Please find below some resources from MIND, to help you look after your wellbeing and give you some ideas to help build up resilience too.