Potter Street Academy is proud to announce that we have made a pledge to commit to achieve the Carnegie Centre of Excellence for Mental Health in Schools award.
At Potter Street Academy, we are passionately committed to supporting the emotional health and wellbeing of our pupils, staff and parents. We know that everyone experiences life challenges that can make us vulnerable and at times, anyone may need additional emotional support. We understand the importance of how wellbeing can impact on everyday decisions and our approaches to tasks. We take the view that positive mental health is everybody’s business and that we as a community all have a role to play.
At our school we:
- help children to understand their emotions and feelings better
- help children feel comfortable sharing any concerns or worries
- help children socially to form and maintain relationships
- promote self esteem and ensure children know that they count
- encourage children to be confident and ‘dare to be different’
- help children to develop emotional resilience and to manage setbacks
- support staff and parents to recognise signs when extra support for a child is needed.
Kim Littlechild - School Mental Health and Wellbeing Leader
Nicola Beesley - Assistant Head
Amanda Hawkes - Learning Mentor
Michelle Porter - Pupil Support